Thursday 7 November 2013

November, November

It's generally safe to say that November is not one of my favourite months. It usually brings drizzly, cold, nasty pre-winter and less light.

What I can say, however, is that so far, November is turning out to be pretty alright. A week in, and I've already enjoyed company for 3 of the 7 days, and done some pretty awesome things.

Last weekend, Nate and Amber came up for Friday night and Saturday. Since we hadn't seen them since we moved, we were going through withdrawal and were pretty excited. We ended up celebrating Nate's birthday with pumpkin cake (sooo... good. ask for the recipe!), and a day spent in downtown Lindsay and at the Loggersports competition at Fleming. I wish I had remembered to take pictures! We watched people climb telephone poles in 4 seconds, chop logs in seconds and generally exhibit crazy skills in all things wood and axe related. It was pretty awesome.

On Saturday afternoon, we bought a puzzle and have been working on that since... with a hiatus for Erin and the kiddos on Tuesday and Wednesday.


I let James pick the puzzle. We ended up with "Canoe Lake". Any surprises there?

Erin came with Hayden and Colsen on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. Again, less pictures were taken than I wished, but that's because my time was monopolized by a three year old girl asking me to read the same book 50 times and "dance to the drums". A worthy distraction, I admit. It was nice to have one-on-one time with my sister to hang out enjoy each others' company.

Hayden "helping" Colsen with his banana... it kept slipping
out of his hand, so she would poke it and feed it to him
"Mom" and Hayden saying "cheese" while eating grilled cheese

Lastly, I thought I'd put in a quick "update" picture of Baby Groenwold. I'm officially leaving the first 2/3 of pregnancy behind and heading into the home stretch!  Not much to report on. I love watching the ocean that is my belly when I lay down. We definitely can tell Baby G is alive and well! So thankful.

27 weeks



1 comment:

  1. It is so cool to see you and Erin in this stage of life together. Pretty fun, hey? You look fantastic by the way. Pregnancy suits you well! If you are ever in this neck of the woods, stop by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete