Friday 23 January 2015

{Gratitude Today}

Sometimes I get so bogged down in the blah-blah, whyisn'tmylifeinstagram/twitter/facebookworthy, pity-fest that becomes my life around this time of year- especially when I have a grumpy, screaming, teething, sick, tired baby- that I forget to be thankful for the fact that I have way more than I could ever really need. I have a husband to who works his butt off at school trying to better himself and his career, a goofy, silly baby with an a-ma-zing babysitter who loves her even at her worst, and not one, but two, jobs provided for me. I have a warm, safe apartment (with not one, but two, paintings from my favourite artist... and all my favourite books!), a loving, Christ-centred church to attend and many, many friends who love me. 


Today I'm thankful that God provides me with the slap in the face I need when I spent too much time pitying myself and not enough time being thankful for the provisions I have.

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment