Monday 12 May 2014

Mother's Day

Yesterday was officially my first Mother's Day as a mother! It seems surreal that I have my own little one to be a mom to... I'm not even sure it really should be legal for me to be taking care of someone yet! But I can say that I've enjoyed every second of being a mother (except maybe that one day around 3 weeks old where I seriously questioned my decision, haha!). It's such a blessing to learn new ways of caring for Brynn, and though challenging, I wouldn't give it up for the world! God has blessed me with a happy, funny, and spirited little girl, and James and I are thankful for her everyday!

After church yesterday, we decided to make the most of the amazing weather, so we headed out a little past Peterborough to Warsaw Caves Conservation Area. We read about it in a Kawartha Lakes nature book, and it sounded awesome... so away we went!

And it was awesome. If you love exploring caves and rivers, this is the place to go. James and I couldn't really go down into the caves because of Brynn, but it's on our to-do list for when she is older. We saw lots of families exploring the caves, and they all had big smiles on their faces when they came out.



watching the schools of minnows in the clear, clear water

not a smooth hiking path, but lots of nooks and crannies to explore! 



picnicking on the edge of the Indian River
Brynnie Bear- she may be little, but she has a huge personality!
my two favourite peeps
Life these days is so crazy, but I wouldn't change it if I could. When we first discussed moving out to Lindsay I was really unsure and anxious about starting a new chapter in life, but I've been proven wrong, time and time again, that the changes are bad. We've experienced blessing after blessing here in Lindsay, and I can't wait to experience even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment