Monday 9 December 2013

Winter {Wonder}land

This morning I took a walk into town to do some errands. We had some snow overnight and everything was covered in a beautiful blanket of fresh snow.

My walks have become slower lately (due to obvious reasons). Those of you who know my family know we have a hard time walking slowly. Or thinking slowly. But today I was grateful for my slow walk down the street. I really felt that I had an opportunity to slow down and enjoy the winter wonderland God created overnight.

These last few months, and the few to come, have been and will be filled with an overabundance of thinking, worrying, and stressing. There is so much to plan and think about that sometimes I forget to stop and think about what is. It's hard to remember the good and beautiful things that are happening now.

The snow today was so pretty. So white and so quiet. Quiet is hard for me. I'm not a quiet or a still person. So today I am just happy to have been given the reminder to be still. As my body slows down even more (still 8 weeks to go...!), I will take it as a reminder to let my mind slow be still in the midst of the madness.

The quieter you become, the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment